Everyone knows breakups can be tough, but they don’t need to be unhealthy.
Breakups are one of the primary reasons for weight gain among adults. Here’s a list of foods which can help keep the weight away while you recuperate from that tough breakup:
- Jaggery Candies – We all know that craving for sugar we have after our breakup, but instead of filling yourself up with chocolate or candies filled with sugar, try jaggery candies from trusted brands which are high on antioxidants and low on calories, here’s a link to one such healthy alternative – coconut and jaggery candies from Akiva.
- Cauliflower Pizza – Oh! the sweet embrace of cheesy pizza after that stone cold breakup!
We know the feeling, just swap that normal pizza base with a cauliflower base and you’ve got yourself an almost guilt free pizza and the best part is that this will even go with a keto diet. You can also find more keto friendly diets here.
- Yogurt – One of the first food items we fall back on after a breakup is usually ice cream, and we know it feels awesome at that time, but after you’ve consumed dozens of tubs you realize that the weighing machine has started being mean to you. A simple swap in this case could be Yogurt – a lot healthier and equally tasty. You can even make your own yogurt at home using a homemade yogurt maker and get your mind off the breakup for a change.
- Brown Rice – Its a well known fact that we crave carbs when we are depressed and the most convenient way to get it is through rice, which can be very unhealthy in large quantities. In comes its brown cousin – no pun intended. Brown rice is a much healthier alternative to keep your weight in check.
- Dark Chocolate – We know that there are times when one just needs chocolate and nothing else will do, especially after a rough breakup, but normal chocolates can just as easily add pounds as they can decrease the pain. So a much healthier alternative are dark chocolates, especially more than 50% dark chocolates, like the Nestle Alpino 71% cocoa intensely dark chocolates which will not only satiate your cravings but also keep your weight under check.
We hope these tips will be helpful to keep your weight under check while you learn to deal with your breakup and get back into the dating world, because there might be minor setbacks in your journey for love but there is always light at the end of the tunnel!